Managing in a healthcare organization requires fine-tuned skills. Healthcare leaders must effectively manage healthcare organizations while simultaneously influencing and adapting to changes in environmental context, charged with “getting things done,” managers are at the center of all the changes affecting healthcare delivery.
CPHGM course emphasizes the importance of operations management in implementing the use of project management tools and balanced-scorecard techniques to execute and monitor projects, performance tools, techniques, and programs, including Six Sigma, the Lean enterprise, and simulation filled with real-world examples, exercises, numerous case studies, practical applications, and discussion questions.
Each module of CPHGM course is designed to give the participant the core content that must become part of the repertoire of each and every healthcare manager, whether entry level or senior executive.
CPHGM course address current issues facing healthcare managers, and completely updated to address the challenges faced by modern healthcare organizations.
- Healthcare Strategic Planning and Management
- An Introduction to Healthcare Operations
- Change Management
- Leadership and Commitment to Performance Improvement
- Strategy and the Balanced Scorecard
- Leadership for Quality
- Risk Management and Patient Safety
- Variation in Medical Practice and Implications for Quality
- Problem Solving And Decision Making Tools
- Credentialing, Privileging, and Peer Review
- Economics of Healthcare
- Strategic Human Resources Management
- Organizational Development and Training
- Financial Management of Healthcare
- Healthcare Information Systems
- Healthcare Marketing
- Ethics in Healthcare
- Legal Imperatives for Healthcare Managers
- Accreditation, Certification and Licensure